Comment on page
Set Up a Wallet
On CORE Mainnet, we currently support Metamask Wallet and WalletConnect.
MetaMask is a digital wallet that is specific to Core. There are other wallets available, and CORE ID supports bunch of them as well, but MetaMask is still the most popular one. It’s connected to your web browser as an extension where you can hold and spend Core. You’ll need to connect your wallet to Foundation in order to participate in the marketplace.
- Select “Create a Wallet.”
- Create a username and password.
- Pay close attention to your uniquely assigned Secret Recovery Phrase, and store it somewhere safe. If you lose this series of words or forget what order they’re in, you will lose access to your wallet and it will be unrecoverable. We recommend writing the phrase on a piece of paper and storing it in a memorable, safe, and secure spot.
- Confirm the phrase by placing all of the words in the correct order as they were assigned.
- Now, MetaMask is set up and should appear in your browser extensions.